The official website for the anime of Nagano‘s Chiikawa manga unveiled a promotional video on Thursday:
The anime premiered on April 4 inside Fuji TV‘s morning info and leisure program Mezamashi Terebi. It airs every weekday at 5:58 a.m.
10-year-old actress Haruka Aoki (Liza throughout the Japanese dub of Mighty Express) voices the titular character Chiikawa as her first television anime voice performing place. 11-year-old actor Masato Tanaka (Okko’s Inn) voices Hachiware. Ari Ozawa voices Usagi.
The cast moreover comprises:
- Yuka Iguchi as Momonga, who on a regular basis has a cute face
- Tomokazu Sugita as Pochette no Yoroi-san, who loves cute points
- Hiroki Touchi as Rōdō no Yoroi-san, who does receptionist work
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Ramen no Yoroi-san, who runs the Rō ramen retailer
- Yūma Uchida as Rakko, anyone that Chiikawa and buddies admire
- Takayuki Asai as Kuri-Manjū, who takes care of delicacies
Takenori Mihara (Lovely Movie: Itoshi no Muco) is directing the anime. Shūgo Tokumaru is composing the anime’s music. As beforehand launched, Doga Kobo is producing the anime.
The manga follows the sometimes joyful, sometimes sad, and a tad anxious every day lifetime of “some sort of small, cute creature” (Nanka Chiisakute Kawaii Yatsu) generally called Chiikawa. Chiikawa enjoys delicious meals with bees and rabbits, toils exhausting day-after-day for the rewards of labor, and nonetheless maintains a smile.
Nagano initially started serializing the manga beneath the title Nanka Chiisakute Kawaii Yatsu on Twitter in January 2020, and Kodansha revealed the third compiled e-book amount on March 23.
Source: Chiikawa anime’s website by way of Ota-Suke