Shueisha reported on Monday that as of the discharge of the nineteenth quantity of Gege Akutami‘s Jujutsu Kaisen manga on April 4, the manga can have 65 million copies in circulation (together with print and digital copies, as nicely as copies not but bought). The manga’s circulation can have jumped by 5 million copies because the launch of the Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie on December 24.
The manga had:
- 8.5 million in early October 2020
- 10 million on October 29, 2020
- 15 million on December 16, 2020
- 20 million on January 13, 2021
- 25 million on January 26, 2021
- 30 million on February 9, 2021
- 35 million on March 4, 2021
- 40 million on March 31, 2021
- 45 million on April 21, 2021
- 50 million on June 4, 2021
- 55 million on September 27, 2021
- 60 million on December 25, 2021
Akutami launched the manga in Shueisha‘s Weekly Shonen Jump journal in March 2018.
Viz Media revealed the manga’s first three chapters in English concurrently with Japan as half of its Jump Start initiative. When Viz then switched to its new Shonen Jump mannequin in December 2018, the corporate started publishing new chapters of the manga digitally. Shueisha can also be publishing the manga on its MANGA Plus service.
The Jujutsu Kaisen anime premiered in October 2020, and it had 24 episodes. The anime will get a second season in 2023. Jujutsu Kaisen 0 opened in Japan on December 24 and is at present the nineteenth highest-grossing movie in Japan of all time. The movie relies on Gege Akutami‘s Jujutsu Kaisen 0 Tokyo Toritsu Jujutsu Kōtō Senmon Gakkō (Jujutsu Kaisen 0: Tokyo Prefectural Jujutsu High School) manga prequel story.